Monday, February 3, 2014

Man Smuggles 40,000 Piranhas






Hey guy I am back with another blog post and today I will be talking about a man smuggling about 4000 piranhas into New York City. Piranhas are aggressive territorial fish that live in fresh water and have razor sharp teeth. They live in South America. There are about 20 known species and the fish are illegal or restricted in 25 states in the U.S.A. because of the danger they can pose to people.








A man in New York pleaded guilty for the smuggling of 39,548 Piranhas. The man was forced to pay $70,000 in fines and restitution. His company was also put on probation for two years. New York did not allow these fish in because of how dangerous they are and how they can hurt the wildlife, including humans.

My Thoughts
I think that the man paying a fine was a good thing. I thought that he should not have taken these animals from their home and therefor he should be punished.

LINKS
Pic
Info

No comments:

Post a Comment